We are well into the new year, 2010, can you believe it. Where did the decade go? I follow a few blogs and Kelly over at Kelly’s Korner is doing this fun Show Us How You Live topic. This months topic is New Year Resolutions or what I like to call “goals”. So let’s share! You can click on the link above to get to Kelly’s blog.
Five goals for 2010:
1. Regular date nights with my hubby. We have let this go and life get’s ahead of us. You can get so wrapped up in the day to day stuff and before you know it another month, year or decade is gone.
2. Develop a quiet time. This is an ongoing goal of mine. I really want to cut out time to fellowship, praise and dig into God’s word. I want to grow patience allowing God to stretch me in adventures that I believe he has for me. I desire to follow God’s lead in my life, doing his will, being a faithful follower. Be and have kindness and gentleness reside in my heart so I can model to my daughters what it means to have compassion towards others and teach Phoebe self control.
3. Work out three times a week. I am a mom of young children and I don’t want to place un-necessary pressure on myself. As long as I am eating healthy and getting in my 3 workouts I am good with that.
4. I want to read more. I love to read. I don’t get the chance often but I want to start a book club or something. This allows me to slow down and take some time to myself. Plus it helps your kids. When they see you reading you can tell them to go and get a book. Reading is food for your brain!
5. I want to discover me. This is the biggest one for me. Jesus made me like he wanted me and I have lived in bondage thinking I don’t measure up. This is such a lie and I want to break free. I want to see what I like and what I enjoy and be the true me. I believe many gals have these chains because let’s be real..we all want others to like us and think we are special. The one that I want to impress by being who he created me to be is Christ. There is something in each of us that only we possess and we need to discover it, unlock it and use it so that we can work for God’s kingdom.
6. Okay I said to list five but I have another one. I want to be a better mom. I want to take the time out of my busy life to truly disciple my children. Who else will do it and who else would I want to do it? Once again it boils down to being disciplined with TIME. Making sure we are not allowing BUSYto get us. You know the acronym for BUSY is: being under Satan’s yoke. The evil one keeps us busy so we can’t develop our quiet time, spend time with our husband, deepening our marriage, disciple our children according to God’s truth and not of this world, build friendships and on and on. He likes to isolate us or keep us running all the time and than her has our minds for a playground and boy does he have fun! Be aware of his schemes. Be on the lookout!
So there is my list for 2010. What do you have on your’s?